CommunityDoing Our Part
The Autism Community of the Alliance is statewide and a constantly growing community.
The Alliance continues to work to strengthen Michigan’s sense of community within the
autism community and to assure the welcome of individuals with autism in the community at large.
Here are just some members of the Alliance Community:
- Individuals with autism and their Families across the state of Michigan who participate in fun autism familyfriendly events, educational events, and our online community
- Over 1,300 Providers across the state who treat people with autism
- Over 16,361 Police, Fire, and EMS personnel who have attended our First Responder Safety Trainings
- Community Agencies and Entertainment Venues through our Autism Awareness Trainings and events including the Detroit Zoo, The Henry Ford, Michigan Science Museum, Detroit Metro Airport, Community Mental Health, YMCA, among others
- Advocacy Community of partner agencies like Autism Speaks working toward similar goals but focusing our efforts on families right here in Michigan
- Corporate and Employment Communities Supporting those who are hiring and training individuals with autism in the workforce
- School Communities of Educators and school staff who attend our trainings and care for students with autism each and every day
- Over 60,000 children and teachers in Michigan who have listened to AAoM’s Anti-Bullying Awareness Program
- Providers of Autism Collective Training (PACT) a closeknit group of autism providers that meets regularly to share information and work to overcome barriers to providing the best possible care
- Work groups within and beyond Michigan working to tackle current and future issues related to technology, safety, and quality of care for individuals with autism
- State representatives and State Department partners that work together with the Alliance in efforts toward increasing services and making legislative change where necessary
- Insurers in Michigan the Alliance has the benefit of working with a cooperative group of healthcare insurance providers who have helped to offer autism benefits through the Alliance’s prior work toward Insurance Legislation and the Insurance Subcommittee of the Michigan Autism Council
- Autism Voluntary Registry a survey launched by AAoM in 2015 to get an accurate count of the numbers of individuals in Michigan with autism to use for advocacy efforts
- A strong community of corporate sponsors and community partners that help the cause
- Our Board of Directors the Autism Alliance is represented by a dedicated board, many of whom are family members themselves of individual with autism
- Our donors, who champion the efforts of the Alliance everyday by providing essential funding that allows us to advocate for the rights,care, and protection of individuals with autism in Michigan deserve
Wayne County Airport Authority (WCAA) at Detroit Metro Airport & Delta Airlines “On Board with Autism” Program: social narrative provides the pre-flight and flight “story”, about preparation, arrival at the parking structure, ticketing, security, and more! TSA will soon be trained, in addition to Delta Airlines staff.
Click Image To Download Narrative