- This event has passed.
Rethinking Guardianship: Facilitating Lifelong Self-Determination
February 4 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm ESTFree
This workshop covers guardianship from a historical perspective,
strangers as guardians, and alternatives to guardianship.
• What are alternatives to guardianship?
• What is power of attorney?
• How can medical and financial decisions be handled?
• What is self-determination?
• What is supported decision making?
• How can we best support students as they transition to
Who should attend?
Families with a child or young adult with a disability, school
staff, other community members