- This event has passed.
Let’s Talk About the Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Rule
May 6, 2021 @ 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm EDT
Featuring a panel of four Wayne State University’s Michigan Developmental Disabilities Institute HCBS Trainers (See Presenter Biographies Below)
Description of Presentation
• HCBS services are Medicaid services for people with Disabilities to support them to be in their own homes and communities.
• The HCBS Rule is important as it:
• Will make sure you are part of your community, just like people without disabilities
• Protects your individual rights
• Supports you to pick your services, service providers, and get services where you want
In the presentation we will cover:
• What is HCBS?
• Who funds HCBS?
• How HCBS can help you live a more fulfilled life?
• You will be provided with ideas about how the HCBS
Rule can be applied to the way you work, live, and play.