OCTOBER 3 – Safety Training
Autism Safety Management for Law Enforcement/Public Safety and Fire-Rescue/EMS
Sgt. Scott Schuelke (Ret.), Lansing Police Department and Stacie Rulison, Parent, Autism Alliance of Michigan will be conducting training for autism safety management on the campus of Oakland University.
Everyone will learn the common characteristics of autism and effective strategies on how to interact with an individual and family in an emergency situation.
Discussions will include:
- Autism and autistic behaviors
- How to recognize a person with Autism
- Tips to safely and effectively interact with individuals with Autism:
- De-escalation behaviors at the scene
- Precautions with restraints
- Custody and arrest
- Interviewing techniques
- Community outreach strategies that will increase support and safety
This training is provided “free of charge” and is MCOLES approved.
Space is limited, so please RSVP by calling 248-370-2424 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the Safety Training Flyer for complete details.