April showers bring….May autism awareness events! AAoM had a blast May 4th and 5th with the Henry Ford at their Day out with Thomas Sensory-Friendly Event and Autism Support of Kent County at their annual Autism Walk.
About Thomas the Tank Engine Sensory Friendly Event
- A quiet area with activities for Day Out With Thomas™ in Town Hall.
- Noise-canceling headphones and earplugs for use during your visit
- An event map showing locations of loud sounds and available activities
- The Autism Alliance of Michigan was pleased to staff a resource table
- Autism Alliance of Michigan also provided social narratives for Greenfield Village (PDF) and Day Out With Thomas Social Narrative (PDF) showing what families might see, hear, smell, taste, and touch.
Interested in partnering with AAoM on your upcoming event? Contact [email protected] Need information on autism services and resources in your area? Call us at 877.463.2266!