- My son is 4.5 years old and nonverbal. We have purchased an iPad mini for him but his “team” is having trouble getting on the same page regarding what to use. The SLP suggested to do CORE32 words on laminated paper. The county AAC “expert” says a GoTalk 32 stand alone device is best. His BCBA believes he will be more successful with an app based AAC and favors Touch Chat. Other parents I have talked with highly recommend Proloquo2Go. After months of back and forth I think I ready to take the reins and make the final decision. Here’s what I am thinking- Proloquo2Go at home and at ABA. CORE32 and GoTalk 32 at school with his SLP. What I am wondering is will the two different systems make it more difficult for him? Am I making this too complicated?
- October MiNavigator Newsletter
- AAoM’s September MiNavigator Newsletter
- The Best Part…This Article is NOT About Autism
- Over 120 People Receive Free Safety Plans At Autism Alliance Of Michigan’s Safety Fair In Detroit
- AAoM Knows Safety
- Michigan Falls Short On Special Education Services
- How Michigan’s 2018 Budget Effects People with Disabilities
- Livingston Safety Fair
- My 19-year-old severely autistic son no longer sleeps at night. He stays awake at night and is very agitated. He does not sleep during the day either, so it is not as if he is mixing up his days and nights. He simply does not sleep at all. Any ideas on what can be done? I have tried melatonin, but it does not help at all. Any direction would be appreciated.
October 21 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm