|The Autism Alliance of Michigan (AAoM), Michigan Lt. Governor Brian Calley and the Behavior Analysis Association of Michigan hosted a workshop focusing on preparing for the autism insurance benefit. A lot of valuable information was shared and there is still more to come!|
Autism Insurance Conference – Follow Up Information
Conference Survey Information
We would like to be sure that all conference attendees submitted a survey that critiqued the conference. Thank you if you already completed a survey. That information will be beneficial in helping AAOM put together subsequent meetings and conferences.
If you have not completed a survey and you did attend the conference either ONSITE or ONLINE, please fill out the following survey(s). Select the day(s) you attended and whether you participated by attending the conference or you viewed the conference via the webinar. If you attended both days, please fill out a survey for each day. Thank you!
May 14, 2012 Autism Insurance Workshop Survey for ONSITE Participants: Go to ONSITE: AAoM Insurance Workshop Survey May 14, 2012
May 15, 2012 Autism Insurance Workshop Survey for ONSITE Participants: Go to ONSITE: AAoM Insurance Workshop Survey May 15, 2012
May 14, 2012 Autism Insurance Workshop Survey for ONLINE Participants: Go to WEBINAR: AAoM Insurance Workshop Survey May 14, 2012
May 15, 2012 Autism Insurance Workshop Survey for ONLINE Participants: Go to WEBINAR: AAoM Insurance Workshop Survey May 15, 2012
Conference Webinar Playback Information
Below are links to recordings of the conference. There are notes next to each link as to where each speaker began by the “time” that runs in the top of the window. (Please note there were some technical difficulties experienced at the beginning of the Monday morning session, see the notes below for best viewing tips.)
- At 53:00 minutes – Judith Ursetti from Autism Speaks
- From 1:24:00-1:44:00 – Lt. Governor Calley —The audio is good on most of Lt. Governor’s portion, and visual is acceptable.
- From 0:00:00-0:06:00 – Judith Ursetti
- From 06:00-08:00 – Dr. Colleen Allen provides feedback
- From 08:00 to the end – Dr. Jim Todd
- From 0:00-~59:00 – Dr. Colleen Allen introduces Dr. Jim Todd
- From 1:00:00-1:45:00 – Dr. Wayne Faqua (Go to Playback 4 for continuation of Dr. Faqua.)
MI Insurance Playback 4 – May 15, 10:58 a.m. (Note that the volume is muted during breaks…so you will not be able to hear it.)
- From 0:00-37:00 – Dr. Bryan Davey
- From 37:00-58:20 – Chris Butz, JD
- From 58:00-1:16:64 – Dr. Bryan Davey
- From 0:00-1:52 – audience discussion/Dr. Bryan Davey
- From 1:03-1:52 – Dr. Colleen Allen
Future Plans for Autism Insurance Information
- All presentations from the conference (with the exception of Bryan Davey’s) are hosted in Google Docs at: Autism Insurance Work Shop Presentation Materials 05/14-05/15, 2012
- A website is developed and being refined that will be available to everyone who attended the conference. I will run it by a few first to get feedback, and then open it up to the group.
- We will be offering parent workshops in the coming weeks, so I will include this distribution on that information too.
- We will continue to keep you informed of developments on the insurance benefit and its scheduled rollout.
- AAoM will continue to work with state wide universities, insurance companies, and providers on information on the insurance benefit, and push that information out through all possible networks.
We especially want to thank the individuals who took their time to present at the Autism Insurance Workshop: Lt. Governor Brian Calley, Dr. Bryan Davey, Dr. James Todd, Dr. Wayne Faqua, and Chris Butz, JD. Their expertise and knowledge will aid in the successful implementation of this benefit, and help shape the entire service delivery model for Michigan.