- This event has passed.
The PLAY Project’s Two-Day Livestream Intensive Workshop
May 11, 2021 @ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm EDT
The PLAY Project is a parent implemented, intensive intervention program for young children (18 months-6 years) with autism that is evidence-based. Get an overview of The PLAY Project methods and principles to gain skills in helping children with autism! The workshop consists of case studies, video analysis of parent and child interaction, interactive activities, and discussions that answer your questions about engaging children with autism and other developmental delays through play.
Who will benefit:
child development professionals (SLP, OT, M.Ed., MSW, etc.), service providers, behavioral health providers, parents of children with autism, administrators and policy makers involved with autism services.
After this workshop participants will be able to:
-Explain the 7 Circles of PLAY and how they relate to the PLAY Autism Intervention Program when working with children with ASD
– Define intensive autism intervention, including interventions that are categorized as play-based, developmental, and behavioral
– Identify techniques that help improve language, social skills, behavior, development, and play skills of children with autism
– Participants will gain an understanding of Greenspan’s 6 Functional Developmental Levels (FDLs) and how they relate to The PLAY Project Autism Intervention
– Identify the behaviors and symptoms of children who have sensory processing challenges
– Describe how a child’s unique profile is created and develop a plan to improve the child’s social interactions based on this profile
– Identify developmental progress and PLAY Project methods & techniques through the review of video case studies
– Participants watch evidence based strategies, through case study videos, that promote engagement.
– Participants will take a quiz to show what they have learned.
– Participants practice developing a child profile, after watching a case study video. Participants receive digital handouts that they can use to further practice these skills with children and families.
*Learning outcomes will be assessed through a PLAY Project self-evaluation quiz
1.2 ASHA CEUs
1.2 AOTA CEUs/Contact Hours
*Category 1: Domain of OT, Category 3: Professional Issues
This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886816974-1396) for 12 continuing education contact hours.
Certificates of attendance for the Two-Day Intensive workshop will be issued to participants who attend the full 2 days of the workshop and complete all post course requirements, including a survey and post-test, 1-2 weeks after the workshop.
The Intensive Workshop is the first step of completing the PLAY Project Consultant certification process.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for special rates (groups, parents, students).