Independent Living Training
September 26, 2019 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
As Michigan continues to face crisis-level shortages of direct support professionals (DSPs), as well as frequently inadequate training for DSPs, AAoM would like to offer Help. Please join us for an Independent Living Training session on June 27th in Bingham Farms. Dinner will be provided. Adults with disabilities, parents and other caregivers interested in learning more about living independently with a disability are also welcome to attend the session for FREE.
A complimentary gift card will be given to the first 20 DSPs who attend.
All individuals with a disability are facing a Direct Care Crisis. It is challenging to find the training and supports critical to achieving independence.
AAoM is excited to offer a FREE Independent Living Training in Michigan to address:
- Maintaining Best Health
- Disability-Specific Tools and Resources
- Community Integration
- Disability Rights And Independence
- Safety in the Home and Communityt
This Training Is For You:
- If you are a person with a disability and want to become more independent
- If you are a Care Provider and want to improve your skills
- If you are caring for a family member with a disability and want to learn more
- If you are considering a job as a care provider and need more information
Please let AAoM know of any specific accommodations needed upon registering.
Please contact email@example.com to register or if you would like to host a training event at your facility.